Alfalah Society of Greater San Antonio established on five basic pillars which are adopted as guiding principles, and Alfalah Society shall employ these principles in every activity as a means of maintaining its core identity and to serve as the basic framework moving forward toward achieving its vision.
- 1Conduct all activities for the sake of Allah (SWT), according to the true understanding of the Qur’an and authentic Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).
- 2Accept that our community is diverse ethnically, culturally, and in opinions, and seek out the common ground necessary to unify.
- 3Provide comprehensive and quality services that address the needs of our community.
- 4Respect each member of the world community regardless of their race, culture, ethnicity, or faith.
- 5Maintain integrity through practicing the truth, justice, peace, and responsibility which leads to become faithful Muslims and loyal citizens.
Alfalah Society of Greater San Antonio established on the following ideological guidelines
- 1All the activities of Alfalah Society of Greater San Antonio shall be strictly in accordance with the Qur’an and the authentic Sunnah of Prophet Mohammed (PBUH), in every religious matter the final authority shall be the Qur’an and the authentic Sunnah of Prophet Mohammed (PBUH). Therefore, any activity contrary to, or in conflict with, the "Quran and/or the authentic Sunnah" shall not be permitted within, or under the auspices of this organization.
- 2Alfalah Society believes in the articles of Towheed, five pillars of Islam, six pillars of Faith, carry on the Message of al-Islam, follow the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) with understanding of Prophet’s companions and Ahlus Sunnah wal Jamaah, as it detailed in “Aldeen ul Khalis”.
- 3All Fiqhi or spiritual Sects, Islamic schools of thought, or mazhab, shall be considered a matter of personal preference; furthermore, any cultural, ethnic and nationalistic traditions are personal practices that are not Supported by Alfalah Society.
- 4Alfalah Society does not believe that segregation of the genders is a guarantee of righteousness, but that modesty, decency, and observing the prohibitions that Allah and His Prophet dictated, as well as the purity of heart and the clarity of the conscience, are the guarantees. While advocating the codes and ethics of Islamic behavior, ASGSA believes that there is no compulsion in religion, and the feelings of all human beings is a matter of great respect and attention.
- 5In any matters of disputes concerning this Constitution/Bylaws, the definitions and decisions of the Ulama and Leaders Committee (a committee of five to seven Sunni known scholars and leaders who are not local and appointed by the Board of Directors and Trustees) unanimously agreed upon in a special meeting called specifically for that purpose, shall be final and unchallengeable in any court of law.
- 6No substantial part of the activities of the Organization shall be the carrying on of propaganda, or otherwise attempting to influence legislation unless such legislation restricts Muslims from the practice of their religion, and the Organization shall not participate in, or intervene in (including the publishing or distribution of statements) any political campaign on behalf of any candidate for public office.
- 7Men and women are equally responsible to put forth the effort to develop and implement the policies and activities of the organization.
- 8Alfalah Society honors the constitution of the United States as the guiding legal principle of the nation and shall abide by all the applicable laws of the land.